A Resource for
Landlords and Tenants
in British Columbia            





  Got a question?  

  Call the Residential Tenancy
  Branch - 1.800.665.8779


Home            For Landlords            For Tenants             Rent To Own             Financial Assistance             Contact

Forms for Landlords                                                        

Serving Documents

According to the Residential Tenancy Branch, there are specific ways to deliver documents to your Tenants.

Given to the Tenant or another adult who lives there
Considered served on the day the document is left.

Attaching to door or leaving in mailbox:
Considered served on the 3rd day after the document is left.

Regular Mail & Registered Mail
Considered served on the 5th day after mailing.

Note: Email and/or sliding a document under the Tenant's door is not an recognized way of serving documents.

Special documents such as an Application for Dispute Resolution and a Dispute Resolution Officerís Decision to proceed with a review must be delivered in certain ways.  For more information on this and for the particulars on document delivery, take a look at the Residential Tenancy Branch fact sheet - How To Serve Documents.

Can a Landlord post notices containing personal information on a Tenantís door? 

Yes, however, the Landlord must first make reasonable attempts to deliver the information personally. According to PIPA, an organization may disclose personal information if it is authorized to do so by law. Since section 88 of the Residential Tenancy Act allows Landlords to post certain notices to Tenants "by attaching a copy to a door or other conspicuous place at the address at which the person resides", this is permissible under PIPA. The types of notices that a Landlord may post include: termination of tenancy, notice to enter and notice of a rental increase.

A Landlord should always act reasonably, include a minimal amount of personal information on these notices and ensure that posting the notice is necessary. If the Tenant is evading the Landlord or the Tenant is habitually unavailable, posting a notice may be necessary, but the information should be placed in an envelope.

Source: OIPC.bc.ca




Deposit Receipt

Rent Receipt

Deposit Against Rent Receipt
Some Landlords choose to use this receipt in case a Tenant backs out before moving in and they want to keep the deposit to cover the costs of re-renting.

Move In

Rental Application

Residential Tenancy Agreement

Condition Inspection Report

Strata Property Act - Form K
for condos and strata properties

During Tenancy

Notice to Enter Premises

Notice of Rent Increase

Ending A Tenancy

Cleaning Checklist  


Ten Day Notice To End Tenancy 

for unpaid rent or utilities



One Month Notice To End Tenancy 

for cause or for end of employment



Two Month Notice to End Tenancy 

for Landlord's use of property



Dispute Resolution 

Landlord's application


Security Deposit Refund Form
For return of damage deposit



Home  ۰  About Us  ۰  Disclaimer  ۰  © 2011